Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for your inquiry about being a part of Allies’ Board of Directors and Advisory Council. The Board and Council are made up of key business and civic leaders from across Dallas. We are pleased that you are interested in serving and will pass your name and information along to our team.
Should you be interested in pursuing volunteer opportunities with Allies in Service, please feel free to email email@example.com. Volunteering provides an amazing outlet to get involved with our veterans!
To effectively manage and execute Allies’ responsibilities and obligations to the community and our veterans, there is an appointed Advisory Council and Board of Directors. The Board is empowered to render decisions and take actions on behalf of Allies. The Council gives Allies advice and serves as ambassadors for our cause among peers in the community.
Board of Directors
Allies has four main areas of service. They include employment, education, housing and healthcare. This is not to say that Allies in Service does not also focus on other areas, such as women needs and legal assistance, but emphasizes these four.
- 10,741 Dallas-area working-age veterans are currently unemployed
- Launch of sustained veteran employment programs by leading area employers
- Focus on veteran employee retention and workplace accommodation
- Establishment of veteran workplace networking and support groups
- 72,000 Dallas-area veterans never attended college
- Increased resources for/ access to continuing education programs
- University campus veteran resource centers and networks, including mentor/protégé programs
- Scholarships for veterans
- Identify veterans coordinators on campuses
- 15,120 Dallas-area veterans suffer from a mental health problem
- Increased resources for/access to mental health and substance abuse programs – PTSD, depression, alcohol, prescription drugs, illegal drugs
- Increased resources for/access to physical therapy and rehabilitation programs
- Peer-to-peer counseling programs
- Universal acceptance of TRICARE
- 1,150 Dallas-area veterans are homeless
- Increased resources for/access to crisis and short-term shelter
- Treatment of underlying mental and physical health issues affecting housing stability
- Temporary/apartment housing
- Pathways to home ownership
- Access to home financing
- Financial education and credit counseling
Allies is working on four main tasks. They include connecting veterans to essential resources, mentoring and follow-up, building awareness and encouraging community collaboration.
Allies in Service plans to outreach to our veterans, service members and their families to make sure they know that Allies is their advocate for resources within the community. We also plan on doing this at community events by creating a wave of awareness and excitement. To make this possible, a booth will be available to provide a presence at events throughout Dallas. Please email Sara Poquette at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To inquire about donor opportunities, please email Sara Poquette at email@example.com.
Allies in Service is currently 100% funded by a private donor. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and will soon accept donations online at www.alliesinservice.org.
Privacy is important to us; therefore, we will not sell, rent, or give your name or address to anyone.
All members of the media should be directed to Sara Poquette at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those interested in receiving updates from Allies in Service should visit our NEWS tab and sign up for our newsletter.
Yes! Allies is always looking for volunteers. Please visit the Serve With Us tab on our website and fill out the form to volunteer. Once we have your information and a need, we will be in contact with you. Thank you for your service.
Please visit the Veteran Resource tab on our website and fill out the mentor form. Once we have your information and a volunteer that could be a possible fit, we will be in contact with you. Thank you for your service.
Yes! Allies is always looking for volunteers. Please fill out the volunteer form. Once we have your information and a veteran match, we will be in contact with you. Thank you for your service.
The official Allies in Service logo is the property of Allies and is designed and approved by our Communications Department. The use of the logo is strongly enforced and restricted to use solely by Allies in Service and its partners.
Allies in Service is unable to provide autographs on behalf of Roger Staubach.
Allies in Service is not currently accepting applications for employment or internships. Please contact Sara Poquette at email@example.com if you have additional questions.